Pending further clarity on the timeframe for publication of the Planning & Development (Amendment) Bill 2016, Meath County Council has taken the decision to withhold the publication of the Draft Meath County Development Plan 2019-2025. This legislation provides a mechanism to pause the statutory timeframe for plans currently in progress.
Meath County Council does not believe that it would be appropriate to publish a draft plan that would be non-compliant with the provisions of the National Planning Framework and the Regional Spatial and Economic Strategy.
In the event that the adoption of the legislation is delayed beyond the point where Meath County Council could be in breach of existing statutory timeframes, then a decision may be made to publish a draft at a later stage.
- Stage 1 – Pre Draft
- Stage 2 – Draft
- Stage 2 – Overview
- Stage 2 – Chief Executive’s Report on the Members’ Consideration of the Draft
- Stage 2 – Public Display of Draft Plan
- Stage 2 – Chief Executive Report on Public Submissions
- Stage 2 – Consideration of Chief Executive’s Report by Members
- Stage 2 – Prepare Amendments to Draft Development Plan
- Stage 3 – Amendments
- Make a Submission
- Contact Us